Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jinxed!


Jake I swear is jinxed. He gets terribly sick every year on his birthday. One year it was strep and this year he came home with the tummy flu. It was so sad, because all day he had been working so hard to earn his dinner at Pirate Island with the family. We were just lucky we did all the family birthday things the weekend before. His cute friend cheered him up and brought him an awesome skateboard! And he did get his dinner at Pirate Island last night with us. Talk about one busy week! My highlight of it all was making him a book of all his Lego magazines. I have never seen a kid more grateful for a present! He was so sweet about it and that is one gift he and I both will always remember. I love my Jakey.

2 comments:

The Slider Family said...

They grow up way too fast, I guess you just enjoy the journey...Loved seeing all the pics from baby on up:)

Karla said...

Check out that fun party! Too bad he got sick. At least you were able to take him soon after. Poor guy! And... GREAT CAKE, that is awesome! I'm guessing of course, you made it. It's awesome!