Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eva Ardell Stoddard

She is here, Our Eva Ardell!



Our nurse, grandmas freind, Grandma Black and us.


Big Brother, Jake


The team, Dad, Mom, Dr. Smith




On the way out the door, bye, bye tummy.


Now that I've made everybody wait so long for pictures, here's the scoop . . . .

January 28, Wednesday morning my water broke. We met Grandad with Jake and headed over to the hospital around 9:00 (thanks Grandad for saving us always!) Sure enough the nurses confirmed my water had broke and Eva was on her way. We got the best room in the house. You could see Grandma's work and the Timpanogos Temple. We could watch as Grandma ran back and forth from work. It was a quick and easy delivery (mom was very happy for that). She was born at 1:59 in the afternoon. Weighing in at 7lbs 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Three inched of long beautiful hair, and a nose and cheeks just like big brothers. We had such a wonderful experience and are so thankful to be so blessed with two amazing and healthy kids. Jake is so excited and already has fully taken on big brother responsibilities. Thank you to everyone who helped out, bringing meals, awesome gifts, and special thanks to my Sammy, one of my best buddies, who took care of us so good in the hospital!


I thought everyone should know the real reason for the hold up on my post. Dad wasn't quite so sure on her name. I wanted him to have the last call, so I waited. He came in the other night and said, " Jake and I decided." He started talking to her and calling her by her name. She smiled from ear to ear for the first time. I have never seen a newborn smile that big. It was such a sweet moment and one I'll never forget. She has one amazing Daddy!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Your mom's nurse friend in the top picture was in with Kellie when she gave birth yesterday. I love the name Eva! And she is beautiful. I'd love to come meet her! We'll give you a call in a few days. Congrats!

Dave and Sherri said...

She is so beautiful. Thanks for letting us come and visit today. What a treat to see you precious new little Eva. You look amazing too! Not fair to look that great right before and right after a baby. You're AMAZING!!! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

I second Sherri's comment. You have to be about the most gorgeous person I've ever seen immediately before/after having a baby! Hollywood's got nothing on you, and you aren't even airbrushed.

Mindy Greene said...

Camille -

That is the best story ever! I love the name and cant wait to hold her!! I will call you soon to come and visit! LOL